Thursday, October 11, 2018
Measure D will provide the funds needed to make critical facility improvements at Lemoore elementary schools.
Measure D will:
- Construct a new elementary school to reduce student overcrowding
- Replace outdated heating, ventilation, air conditioning systems, and lighting systems to be more energy efficient
- Make health, safety and handicapped accessibility improvements
- Renovate/repair the interior and/or exterior of existing outdated classrooms, restrooms, library/media centers and school facilities
- Replace temporary portables with permanent classrooms
Measure D makes financial sense and protects taxpayers.
- All funds must be spent locally and cannot be taken by the state.
- By law, spending must be reviewed and annually audited by an independent citizens’ oversight committee.
- Funds can only be spent to improve our local schools, not for administrator or teacher salaries.