Lemoore Union Elementary School District currently employees five full time and one part time School Counselors.
School counselors are trained to help students succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally. They collaborate with educators, parents, and other professionals to create safe, healthy, and supportive learning environments that strengthen connections between home, school, and the community for all students.
Within LUESD, School Counselors Work With Students to:
- Support and improve behavioral functioning on the school campus
- Provide direct instruction on appropriate social skills, friendship skills, anger management, self-regulation and problem solving through group services.
- Provide individual services to students with significant behavioral issues
Within LUESD, School Counselors Work With Students and Their Families to:
- Evaluate eligibility for Section 504 services (within a multidisciplinary team)
- Create plans to support general education students who are experiencing behavioral issues within the school setting
- Provide parents with information to enhance parenting skills
- Make referrals and help coordinate community support services