Lemoore Union Elementary School district currently employees two full-time School Psychologists and one full-time Behavioral Specialist.
School psychologists are trained to help students succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally. They collaborate with educators, parents, and other professionals to create safe, healthy, and supportive learning environments that strengthen connections between home, school, and the community for all students.
Within LUESD, School Psychologists work with students to:
- Increase achievement by assessing barriers to learning and determining the best instructional strategies to improve learning
- Support and improve behavioral functioning on the school campus
- Promote wellness and resilience by reinforcing communication and social skills, problem solving, anger management, self-regulation, self-determination, and optimism
Within LUESD, School Psychologists work with students and their families to:
- Identify and address learning and behavior problems that interfere with school success
- Evaluate eligibility for special education services (within a multidisciplinary team)
- Support students' social, emotional, and behavioral health
- Provide parents with information to enhance parenting skills
- Make referrals and help coordinate community support services
- Within LUESD, the Behavior Specialist works with students and staff to:
- Increase positive behavior interactions with peers and staff
- Guide implementation of Behavior Intervention Plans
- Consults with outside agencies to provide services for students.