Reflecting the belief that parents should have a choice of schools, the
Each school is required to serve the students who live within its attendance area prior to accepting any students from outside its boundary or from outside the district. Students residing inside the district receive priority over students residing outside the district.
Though the district supports parental choice and is committed to open enrollment, once enrollment reaches school capacity, that school or grade level will be closed to open enrollment. Some schools are currently closed: some are closed to open enrollment from inside the district; some are closed to enrollment from outside the district. Parents must provide transportation.Approval Process for Open Enrollment from Inside the District
To assure that the approval process for those interested in open enrollment is random and unbiased, a waiting list is maintained for each school. This procedure is implemented as follows:
- Parents complete an Intra-District Request Form, and submit it to the district office between February 1 and March 31. Intra-District Forms are available at the district office.
- Only one form per family is needed.
- Siblings are given first priority to any student whose older sibling attend the school of choice.
Continued Enrollment in a
Returning to a Neighborhood School or Changing Schools After A School Year Has Begun
Students who elect to begin a given academic year at a school other than their neighborhood school may be refused enrollment at their neighborhood school for the balance of the same academic year due to restricted space availability. Students may transfer back to their neighborhood school, or to the school of geographic proximity inside their attendance area, during the school year.
Due to overcrowding, a student may be requested by the district to enroll in a school that is not their assigned neighborhood school. In such cases, students have the right of continued enrollment at their current school. On the other hand, if a family chooses to return when there is space available at their neighborhood school, they can return.
All policies and attendance areas are subject to change by the
Board of Education of the
About Intradistrict Transfer Application Requests
We no longer accept Intradistrict Transfer requests for the 2018-2019 school year. Please watch for future announcements regarding the 2019-2020 transfer application period.
BackgroundAn intradistrict transfer application is required for any student seeking to attend a district school other than his or her school of attendance, but is not required if a student is already on a transfer and plans to remain at their school for the next school year.
Forms currently unavailable as the application period for 2018-19 is now closed
- Intradistrict transfer forms typically become available online during a limited annual application period that opens and ends in January; also...
- Forms are to be completed before the annual January 31st deadline, and returned to the Superintendent's Office located at 1200 W Cinnamon Drive, Lemoore, CA 93245.
- Forms will not be available at schools for the 2018-19 school year now that the January 31, 2018 application deadline has passed.