Dear Lemoore Union Elementary School District Families,
As we end our first week of school closure, I hope this communication finds you and your family doing well. Over the course of last week our state and nation have dealt with so many updates and challenges as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. Those changes have impacted our district, however, we remain strong and vigilant in providing our students essential services. We are committed to:
- Providing meal service for our students. Meals will continue be served Monday-Friday from 10:30 am-12:00 pm during our school closure. Meals will be served at the following sites: Cinnamon Elementary, Engvall Elementary, Lemoore Elementary, Meadow Lane Elementary, Liberty Middle School, El Dorado Mobile Home Park, and Belle Haven bus stop area.
- Providing educational resources and engagement for our students with our "Learn from Home" educational resources. Our District Leadership team has been working very hard this past week to design and create educational resources with daily schedules posted on our district and school websites. The online resources were posted on Thursday, March 19th and are provided by grade span, TK-2, 3-6 and 7-8. The resources can be found under the “Learn from Home” area posted in the “News” section of the website. These are available in both English and Spanish.
- Providing social emotional tips for our families. Tips from our District counselors have been posted on our website under the “Live Feed” section. We understand being away from school can be challenging for our students. Please follow the helpful tips provided.
As we move forward, our Principals will be working with each of their staffs to support our continuity of learning model. Our work for next week includes:
- Teacher Contact: This week March 23-27, your child’s teacher will make contact in order to touch base with their students and gather key information related to technology access.
- Educational Materials: Continuity of learning materials will continue to be provided.
At this time, our tentative return date remains as April 14th, however, it is quite evident the closure of our schools may extend well past this date. Please understand this is a decision that cannot be made at this time. As we approach April 14th, you will receive communication regarding our next steps as a district. Again, we are committed to ensuring ongoing communication via our School Messenger calls home, our District/Site Facebook pages and our District website at www.luesd.k12.ca.us.
Thank you again to EACH ONE of you for your support and understanding as we continue to navigate this challenging time. Please stay healthy, safe and embrace your families. We are thinking of all of our LUESD students and families during this time.